Friday 22 November 2013

Professional Hair Tips

For those of you who don't know, I went through a very stressful time in my life a few years ago and my hair took alot of that stress, not to mention I have thinning in my family anyway, so when I started to loose alot and I mean alot of hair it really freaked me out!
The first thing I done was research on healthy shampoo's and stumbled upon Phyto products which I now swear by!  Then I also decided I would let the little highlights and colour I had grow out and get my natural colour back.  I also decided to stop washing my hair as often and discovered dry shampoo (BEST INVENTION EVER IMO).

Anyway, that's a little background which will explain where I'm going here...

With all of that happening, the last thing I wanted to do was go to a professional, so I didn't go for a long time and then about a year ago I decided to research some of the top salons in my area.  I found one that had great reviews and I requested a Senior Stylist!  I wanted to get a consult of where I was and what I should do moving forward to keep my hair healthy and bring it back to life.  I should note that I tried to change my diet and also started drinking alot of water to help with the overall healthiness of my hair and myself in general.

I've been very happy with the Senior Stylist I have been seeing and I've been going to see her routinely to get trims and get sooo many tips.  One of the first and most important tips I received from her is that if you have fine or thing hair...layers is NOT for you!!!!  Alot of stylists will say, "oh you need layers for volume"...yes that's correct...layers give you volume, but if you already have fine thin hair, the only thing you get with layers, is less hair!!!!!!  I'm in the middle of growing my hair out to one length at this point because the previous hair dresser I went to, botched me and gave me the shortest layers and my hair grew out uneven and horribly!

Anyway, I just wanted to right this blog to shed some light to anyone that is going through something like this!  Hard work and dedication pays off for anything and this is no exception!

Let me know your hair story and great tips you ahve learned along the way!

Lots of Love, Crystal XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment